in todays post I wanna give you some tips to get rid of dark circles.
if you wanna watch my step-by-step tutorial, then click here to watch it on YouTube.
first you need to know the causes. one of the most common beliefs is that they appear due to lack of sleep, or because of your genetics e. g. if you have thin skin under your eyes (like me)
here I have some tips for you:
- Stay hydrated. Most people do not drink enough water throughout the day. It is wise to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily to avoid improper hydration and the occurrence of dark circles.
- Get Enough Sleep. make sure to sleep at least 8 hours per night. Deep sleep allows your skin to heal. Lack of sleep may interrupt this healing and cause skin to sag.
- The tone of your concealer should be the direct opposite of the tone of your under eye circles: For example, if the skin under your eyes looks purple, find a concealer that has yellow tones. For blue circles, use orange tone concealer.
If your circles are brown, a blue or purple tone concealer is your best bet.
And if you have red tones under your eyes, then a green or olive tone concealer is for you.
- Cool your under eye area. Cucumbers are fantastic for this. Simply cut off two slices and relax for 10-15 minutes. or like shown in my video, put a spoon in a freezer for a few minutes and hold it on your eyes. I've also heard that tea bags help to reduce dark circles.
- use a sun screen. using a sun screen (or foundation with at least 15 SPF) everyday will prevent dark circles because the rays from the sun are extremely dangerous to your skin.
hope you liked this little blog post!
Happy Sunday, my lovelies :))